Leidos Biomedical Research Facility (Leidos) Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (FNLCR) Building 539, Create a New NOD scid gamma (NSG) Mice Suite at Fort Detrick
Meltech completed this important project for the Leidos Biomedical Research Facility (Leidos) in support of the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (FNLCR) for the Building 539 renovations to the mice suites. This project was to provide installation labor, project management, material and equipment refurbish spaces within Building 539 to create a new NSG Mice Suite on Fort Detrick, Frederick, Maryland.
The work included, but was not limited to the following:
- Installation of airlocks to segment the area from other animal holding areas.
- Demolition in shower and change facilities. Reconfiguration to allow for new access pattern and new space usage.
- Refurbishment of laboratory space to support new mice suite.
- Demolition of existing HVAC systems and designated components.
- Installation of new HVAC systems and designate components.
- Installation of new cage rack exhaust system and components in each holding room.
- Testing and Balancing and Commissioning of new HVAC installation.