Meltech Commitment to EEO
Meltech Corporation, Inc. (Meltech) is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principals and mandates. Meltech prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation gender identify or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. Meltech conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
The policy of equal employment opportunity (EEO) and anti-discrimination applies to all aspects of the relationship between Meltech and its employees, including:
- Working conditions.
- Wages and salary administration.
- Employee benefits and application of policies.
The policies and principles of EEO also apply to the selection and treatment of independent contractors, personnel working on our premises who are employed by temporary agencies and any other persons or firms doing business for or with Meltech.
Distribution and Application of EEO Policy
The officers of Meltech will be responsible for the dissemination of this policy. Directors, managers and supervisors are responsible for implementing equal employment practices within each department. The HR department is responsible for overall compliance and will maintain personnel records in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
EEO Policy Measures
Meltech administers our EEO policy fairly and consistently by:
- Posting all required notices regarding employee rights under EEO laws in areas highly visible to employees.
- Advertising for job openings with the statement “We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Posting all required job openings with the appropriate state agencies.
- Forbidding retaliation against any individual who files a charge of discrimination, opposes a practice believed to be unlawful discrimination, reports harassment, or assists, testifies or participates in an EEO agency proceeding.
- Requires employees to report to a member of management, an HR representative or the general counsel any apparent discrimination or harassment. The report should be made within 48 hours of the incident.
- Promptly notifies the general counsel of all incidents or reports of discrimination or harassment and takes other appropriate measures to resolve the situation.